Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sneak Peek Sunday Returns!


Sneak Peek Sunday is back and I'm very happy to participate once again. Today I've got six paragraphs from book one in my Left at the Altar series, HER BEST MAN. Here's a blurb:
Sarah Stevens experiences a bride's worst nightmare; being dumped at the altar.  When she goes on the Caribbean cruise meant to be her honeymoon in order to lick her wounds, she discovers her ex-fiance has sent his brother, Will Marshall, the former best man, on the cruise as well.  Everyone on board thinks they're newlyweds, and Sarah is too embarrased to set them straight.  How is she supposed to share a tiny cabin with a man she barely knows?  Even worse, how is she supposed to pretend that she and Will are on their honeymoon?  Sarah discovers the best man for her really is the best man.
Purchase HER BEST MAN from Uncial Press

And here's a sneak peek:

“What the hell are you doing here?” Sarah demanded, clutching the top of her towel with both hands.  The gesture only succeeded in hiking the towel a little higher up her thighs.  She didn’t know which end to hang on to.

“I could ask you the same thing,” Brad’s brother said, a hint of amusement, and an equal measure of annoyance in his voice.  “I thought you didn’t like boats.”

“It’s called a ship and I changed my mind.  I thought I was entitled to a vacation after what I’d been through.”  Whether it was getting dumped at the altar or being taken advantage of by her family, Sarah wasn’t sure.  Either one applied.  Her heart lurched at her next thought.  “Is Brad with you?”

“No, Brad’s in Ottawa, looking for you.”  Will sighed and ran his hand through his hair.  “Yeah, I’d say you were entitled to a vacation.”  He set his duffle bag on the floor and took off his backpack. “Brad gave me his ticket.  He didn’t figure you’d show.”

Sarah lifted her chin and stared defiantly at Will.  "I guess that goes to show how little he understood me."  Another thought suddenly occurred to her.  "What do you mean Brad gave you his ticket?  I thought the tickets weren't transferable."


Will grinned, his smile slow and incredibly sexy, and Sarah could have smacked herself for noticing how attractive he was.  "Luckily our passport photos look amazingly similar.  They really should do something about the security on this boat."

I hope you enjoyed this peek at HER BEST MAN. For more great sneak peeks, check out http://sneak-peek-sunday.blogspot.ca/ See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment